Pre-PA Student Library
Helping you on your way to becoming a Physician Assistant
What is a Pre-PA Student? A Pre-PA student who is in their undergraduate studies and is interested in pursuing the PA studies to become a Physician Assistant (ever heard the term pre-med? similar concept applies here). Also known as a prospective Physician Assistant student.
Articles on PA Admissions
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the PA Job Market?
Learn about Canadian Health Care
To understand the PA role is to understand the health care system that Physician Assistants work in. Part of my preparation for the PA admissions process involved understanding the basics of the Canadian health care system, ethics of health care and issues ongoing in Ontario. Here are a few links to get you started
- Canadian Medial Association – Code of Ethics
- University of Ottawa Medical’s School Ethics Sim: Basic Ethic Principles
- Medical legal handbook for physician leaders [CMPA pdf]
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Choosingwisely.org: initiative to advance dialogue on avoiding wasteful or unnecessary tests, treatments & procedures
- Healthy Debate, twitter @healthydebate; articles about Canada’s Health Care System
- Dr. Alan Drummond, rural MD & Emergency Medicine advocate @alandrummond2
- Globe and Mail’s Andre Picard: Follow him on twitter @picardonhealth
- Twitter Lists worth following:
Join the Canadian PA community
Unlock the resource library and take advantage of free newsletter-only content delivered to your inbox!