Can International PAs Practice in Canada?

Can International Physician Assistants practice in Canada

I received an email from a PA in Germany asking if it was possible for international PAs to practice in Canada.

The only Physician Assistants who are trained outside of Canada that may practice in Canada are American PAs who have their PA-C designation.

At this time other International PAs cannot practice in Canada (including UK, Australia, etc.).

If you are interested in working as a PA in Canada, you would have to complete a PA program either in the United States or in Canada.

For Canadian PA Programs, this would require meeting different admission requirements – which includes being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Read more: 

Leave A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.