Living & Working in Canada as an American PA

Living & Working in Canada as an American PA

American certified Physician Assistants may work in Canada. American PAs who have successfully completed an accredited American Physician Assistant Program, and challenged and passed the NCCPA’s Certification Exam are able to practice in Canada. They do not need to complete PA school in Canada to practice.

Many PA employers now require or prefer certified American PAs to write the Canadian Entry to Practice Examination and to be a registered CCPA.

How do I become a Certified Physician Assistant? [From CAPA website]

How do I work in Canada?

Now this is a much more challenging question. There are several ways to apply to work in Canada. I outline a few points her for temporary work and work as a permanent resident. The most up to date, reliable information about working and living in Canada may be found on the Canadian Immigration Commission website.



This information was last updated February 15, 2017.

Other Resources

Take this “Come to Canada” Questionnaire to check which ways and options you can use to come to Canada.

Also see “So You Want to Move to Canada” by 15miles.info.

Join the Canadian PA community

Unlock the resource library and take advantage of free newsletter-only content delivered to your inbox!

We hate spam and promise to keep your information safe. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit
2018-02-19T18:27:38+00:00 0 Comments

About the Author:

Anne is a Canadian Certified Physician Assistant working in Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Ontario. She is the founder and a writer at canadianpa.ca. She is long time blogger and web graphic designer, and loves to use social media and tech as a medium to promote medical education and the PA Profession.